Onge
Poison Study (Study, #1)Choose: A quick death and hell or slow poison and hell. 
About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia. 
And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison. 
As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear. (Summary from Goodreads)


My Review: I loved this book. I could not put it down. Yelena is a strong character. I liked how she grew through the story. I think Valek is my new literary crush! I don't think I would recommend this to all though, only because of a couple dark subjects were discussed. (I think I am a little desensitized so I am not sure how dark they really were. :) But regardless I thoroughly enjoyed this book.) I am excited to start the second one!!


(Hardcover Worthy)
2 Responses
  1. Deepali Says:

    Oh I enjoyed this book SO much too :) Ran and got the rest of the series as well.

    I really enjoyed reading your blog as a follower for the last few months, and thought you really deserved this "Lovely Blog" award - hope you like it!

    Blog Awards


  2. Deepali Says:

    Btw, I also reviewed the next series by Maria Snyder, called Spy Glass -
    Check it out:
    http://readseverything.blogspot.com/2010/07/review-storm-glass-by-maria-v-snyder.html